[PD] Idiomatic Pd

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 22:29:11 CEST 2008

>> When 0.39 begins to wane (so [declare] can be used),  ...
>
> Careful here: [declare -path ...] is disabled inside of abstractions
> in Pd-0.41.

Right -- but [declare -path ...] is terribly useful for not having a
patch's main directory cluttered with 100 abstractions, which was the
main point... but since 0.39 is still widely in use I tend to avoid it
unless it's for patches I know only I am going to be running.  I guess
it's okay to be conservative in some parts of life.  =o)

OT -- out of curiosity, if it were to be enabled within an
abstraction, would the -path be relative to the abstraction file or to
the patch in which it's instantiated?