[PD] External "midifile" (by Martin Peach)

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 31 06:55:58 CEST 2008

chi ball wrote:
> Hi,
> when I load the "midifile-help.pd", pd windows give this errror:
> "error: midifile: unable to open wowo".
>

> What does it mean?

It means [midifile] is looking for wowo.mid because it was given wowo as
an argument in the help patch but there is no wowo.mid file in pd's
path. You could use [midifile] to make a wowo.mid file and then reopen
the help patch, see if it works...the wowo.mid file should be saved into
the same folder as midifile-help.pd

> (I use WinXP)

So you should have no trouble saving to the help patch folder, other OSs
  may not like that.

Martin