[PD] Recommended laptops for PD/GEM

Hugh Sung hughsung at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 00:37:28 CEST 2008

Can anyone recommend a great laptop that can handle a full 2 hour PD/GEM
show?  I have 50-100 gemhead events in my current show that get triggered
sequentially - i've been using a Gateway desktop computer with an AMD Phenom
8450 Triple Core 2.1 GHz processor running Vista 64 (yuck) with an nVidia
GeForce GTX 260 graphics card, but it looks like the airline industry is not
friendly to fliers with oversized computer cases!

The Alienware gaming rigs are priced so far beyond reasonable it's a
intergalactic joke (but if that's what it takes...gulp...)  I'm currently
eyeing the Dell Precision M6800 - i'd love to hear your hardware
recommendations to achieve the smoothest particle and 3D renderings in an
airplane-friendly transporatable CPU!

--
Hugh Sung
www.hughsung.com