[PD] pasted objects now end up under the original object

Andrew Turley aturley at acm.org
Mon Sep 1 00:26:42 CEST 2008

I'm running Pd-extended 0.40.3 on an iBook G4 in OS X 10.4.11, and
I've noticed that if I copy an object and then paste it to the same
place, the newly pasted object ends up under the old object. This is
annoying because if I have some objects that are already connected to
other objects and I copy and paste them, I then have to move the
original objects out of the way to get access to the newly pasted
objects. I feel like in the previous version of Pd-extended the newly
pasted objects end up on top of the old objects, so that you could
just paste and them move them out of the way.

So first, is my memory of the old behavior correct? Second, is this
the behavior people would expect? Third, are people seeing this across
platforms, or is it just me?

andy