[PD] earplug~ or FIR~ for HRTF?

Nicholas Mariette nicholas.mariette at limsi.fr
Thu Sep 4 16:44:59 CEST 2008

IEM's bin_ambi is a sophisticated binaural rendering system via higher
order Ambisonic spatialisation to virtual speaker arrays.
http://iem.at/Members/noisternig/bin_ambi

FIR~ is very CPU intensive for HRTF processing.  It's much better to
use frequency domain convolution with fft~ & ifft~ which is the case
with bin_ambi.

I've listed some publicly available HRTF sets on my blog here:
http://blog.soundsorange.net/2005/11/09/hrtf/

Nick

http://soundsorange.net