[PD] tcpclient sending more than 1 send at once

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon Sep 8 18:56:02 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 16:28 +0000, Martin Peach wrote:
> Roman Haefeli wrote:
> >may i ask, if there are plans to change  [unpackOSC]? the reason i ask
> >is, that i am currently stuck with the development of netpd because of
> >this. if it stays as it is, i'll bury my plans to switch netpd to OSC.
> >

> Yes, I'm working on it. I tried a few approaches yesterday that didn't work.
> I think if the input to [unpackOSC] only contains complete packets it's
> possible. A version that takes one byte at a time calls for a serious
> rewrite.

i see. i actually don't know how parsing an OSC packet on c level is
done, so what i am claiming for is probably the ideal from a theoretical
point of view, but not so much from a practical/programming
perspective.

for the moment, i go for the bundle route. do you know what is a safe
time interval, where tcp packets are not concatenated together?

roman