[PD] digital write problem in Pduino

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Wed Oct 8 17:59:31 CEST 2008

Attached is a diagnostic patch which demonstrates the problem. This
problem can be demonstrated using only the Arduino board with a single
LED (plus current reducing resistor of 1.5K) connected from pin 2 to GND.

At 7 simultaneous [metro]s, the on-board LED at Pin 13 starts to blink,
even when it has not been sent any messages. After that, a single LED on
Pin 2 will start to blink sporadically, especially with more randomized
[metro] intervals. If the [metro] controlling the LED on Pin 2 is
switched off, it will continue to blink if other [metro]s are running.

Clearly this is a case of message collisions, even though the [comport]
object does not report any TX-OVERRUNS.

I'm not too skilled with writing code for the Arduino, so I have no way
of running something standalone right now to see if it can be isolated
from the board.

I'd really like to have a solution or workaround to this problem, as
it's quite an unexpected bug!!!!

thanks + best!
Derek

--