[PD] seq (cyclone) object help patch not working - for midi file playback

Rua Haszard Morris ruahm at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 16 22:05:27 CET 2008

I didn't get any responses to my previous message - was it filtered away due to links in my sig? Anyway, reposting with a bit more info. This all relates to pd-extended 0.40.3 on various platforms

I am unable to get the seq help patch to work correctly for playback on linux. I am running 64studio, a variant of debian. The "test audio and midi" patch produces midi notes so I know that midi is working. Note that test audio and midi uses noteout, whereas seq test uses midiout.

I have succesfully had the seq help patch playback notes on OS X. I tried on windows and was unable to get seq help to produce notes when playing back the test midi file; again, test audio and midi was successful.

Any ideas? do i have a problem with the midiout object? The editor with seq shows some note data has been successfully read. Can someone give me some tips on how to work through this problem?

thanks
Rua HM.