[PD] using a constant without bang

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 05:03:23 CET 2008

Not really sure I am understanding what the original goal was here,
but how does using [value] eliminate the need for a [bang]? You still
need to bang on the [value] object to get the 'constant' out of it?

Jurgen, could you describe the situation you are trying to solve?

Mike

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 9:55 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:

> [value]
> .hc
> On Nov 20, 2008, at 2:47 PM, Lao Yu wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I want to store a value and use it as a constant - I mean, the value is
> permanently "broadcasting" without the need of a bang (which 'float' needs).
> Is there a way?
> Thanks for a hint
> Jurgen

Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires everything
we have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.
—Yehudi Menuhin (1916–1999), musician