[PD] left mouse click abuse

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 23:26:12 CET 2009

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
>> Ha, that's cute, though it needs some getting used to, but I guess that
>> will come quickly.
>>
>> I just tried it with creating a [f ], then press Ctl-1 and type "mod 16",
>> press  C-1 again and type "+ 1", neat.
>
> After my initial enthusiasm has faded I must also say, that certain
> patching habits now fail miserably.
>
> I'm used to moving the mouse in advance to where I want to put the next
> object for objects that should not be connected to the previously
> created object.
>
> Example: Lets say I want to create a row of number atoms like this:
>
>  [0\  [0\  [0\  [0\  [0\  [0\  [0\

this should be easy: if the mouse moved between the last ctl-3 and the
following, then place the object at the mouse position without
connection, if the mouse did not move, then assume the user is in
keyboard patching mode and place the new object below the old one and
connect it. I also thought about using ctl+shift+number to create a
connected object. don't know if that combination is used by an OS?
or use ctl-k to toggle between keyboard only mode and mouse+keyboard mode.
on my mac I would like to use ctl-home and ctl-end to cycle through the
possibilites of connecting two objects. don't know about other OS.

plus the other features below (select multiple objects and align them or
connect them) would be nice, too.

cheers,
marius.