[PD] left mouse click abuse

info at timvets.net info at timvets.net
Sun Jan 4 01:11:48 CET 2009

> except what if you move the mouse and then decide you want to make a
> connection to a new object?   We'd need a way to return to the earlier
> state.
>
> shift-numerals might be a problem because in many places the numerals
> already require the shift key.

Hello,

Yes, shift-numerals would be a problem on, say, Belgian or French
keyboards, because to get the effect of ctrl+3, you actually have to do
ctrl+shift+3 in reality.

As for ctrl+shift+A to deselect all: what about having just ctrl+A toggle
between 'select all' and 'select none'. It is done like this in for
example Blender, only without ctrl, where I found it pretty handy once I
got used to it. You could just think of it as doing 'ctrl+AA' to 'deselect
all'.

on a side note: I came across a DAW software called Traverso, which I
think makes quite interesting use of keyboard+mouse shortcuts. (see page
15 in its manual at: http://traverso-daw.org/UserManual.html )

Tim