[PD] left mouse click abuse

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 15:16:16 CET 2009

y wrote:
> Chris McCormick wrote:
>> Hi Miller,
>>
>> I'm really digging the direction this is going. If I could just chip my
>> 2c into the fray: I have to agree with Frank that being able to select a
>> tower of object boxes and then click a key combination to connect them
>> by patch cords would be useful, as would a keystroke to auto-space
>> things horizontally or vertically. I also agree with Tim that Blender's
>> same-key select/deselect toggle feels very natural. I would vote for
>> ctrl-A both selecting all and deselecting all.
>>
>> If I recall, there was a neat video posted ages back, probably by Chun
>> or Matju, which illustrated some of the cool UI stuff possible in Max
>> with some plugin. Sorry to be so vague, I can't remember the link. Maybe
>> one of those guys could post it again?
>
> I guess you're talking about this:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcqF9hDNoJk
>
> Cheers,
> _yvan

speaking of max features. to draw connections from one object to several
objects you hold down the shift key and drag a connection. after you
release the button a new cord from the source object is created and you
  just klick at the target inlet instead of going back to the original
outlet and drag the whole distance again.
and alt+dragging an object creates a copy of it, which is another
feature that I like in max.

marius.