[PD] left mouse click abuse

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Jan 4 21:39:31 CET 2009

On Sun, 4 Jan 2009, cyrille henry wrote:

> on AZERTY keyboard, you need to press shift+1 to have a "1" object box
> are currently made pressing Ctrl+Shift+1. So, it's not possible to
> change the use of Ctrl+Shift+1/2/3/4/5...

I mean: _if_ there were a way to change it so that you don't need the
Shift. But I don't have any real experience with the FR layout, as most
people around me use the CF layout, which is a QWERTY for French. Perhaps
the FR users are already so accustomed to using Ctrl+Shift there, that it
wouldn't be worth the trouble to figure out how to remove the Shift so
that the Shift can be reused for something else.

> moreover, Ctrl+6/7/8 are made with Ctrl+Shift+6/7/8, and that's hard to
> do from the left hand...

Use both hands. The way I made it, when you type Ctrl+6, you're already in
the middle of typing something, so, it's not like your right hand has to
move.

If you wanted to type only with one hand, you'd be using a single-hand
Dvorak layout anyway, but it's better to just keep using the same layout
and instead remove the need for using the mouse, which is what Ctrl+6
does.

(In addition, Ctrl+6 makes the new object aligned with the preceding one)