[PD] left mouse click abuse

volker böhm vboehm at gmx.ch
Mon Jan 5 10:42:15 CET 2009

>> marius schebella a écrit :
>>> [openpanel] always goes with a bang input. default pd-auto-
>>> completion
>>> could directly be taken from the help patch for the object or a list
>>> of standard combinations for this object.
>>> marius.
>>
>> make an GOP abstraction with a bang and a openpanel.
>
> that's really not the same, I want a set of objects created
> automatically inside the patch, so that I can connect, drag or reuse
> them in the patcher window.
> this could be extended in so many ways. for example autoincrementing
> object arguments when you use a special duplicate command.
> marius.

don't know if anyone here wants to hear about it, but this is exactly
what the clippings folder in maxmsp is used for.
the user can save little (or big) code snippets there as regular
patch files. then you can access the patches through a context menu
and paste the code snippets into any new patches you are working on.
ok, no key-shortcuts yet, but those could be added easily i suppose.
very handy feature in my opinion.
volker.