[PD] left mouse click abuse

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Mon Jan 5 13:26:52 CET 2009

This would be a new Put menu operation?

In my dreams Put has several subs under object

Put->Object->Empty

(The current behaviour. Default)

Put->Object->Last  or a special Put->Again

(Whatever the last completed object was. Or as
mentioned in this thread, a more general "Repeat
last command" would be great to have (CTRL-R ?)
Does whatever you did last, at the current pointer
position.)

Put->Object->Existing

(Here we have access to a name sorted list of all abstractions
and sub-patches loaded in the current space)

Put->Object->Library

(Presents all abstractions in the path in folder view. This
will be very big to navigate in most cases and needs careful
thought on how the menu expands, collapses, truncates names
and so forth)

Put-Object->Clipboard

(I guess this is like Volker describes. It's does not persist
when the application is closed. It is very easy to copy things
to the clipboard just using CTRL-C which is aliased to "copy
to clipboard slot 1", but there are also other slots. Not sure
how to manage these elegantly, but maybe you only need 10
quick access slots.)

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 10:42:15 +0100
volker böhm <vboehm at gmx.ch> wrote:

> >> make an GOP abstraction with a bang and a openpanel.
> >
> > that's really not the same, I want a set of objects created
> > automatically inside the patch, so that I can connect, drag or reuse
> > them in the patcher window.
> > this could be extended in so many ways. for example autoincrementing
> > object arguments when you use a special duplicate command.
> > marius.
>
> don't know if anyone here wants to hear about it, but this is exactly
> what the clippings folder in maxmsp is used for.
> the user can save little (or big) code snippets there as regular
> patch files. then you can access the patches through a context menu
> and paste the code snippets into any new patches you are working on.
> ok, no key-shortcuts yet, but those could be added easily i suppose.
> very handy feature in my opinion.
> volker.

Use the source