[PD] Seamless recording of 2 consecutive audio files?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Jan 6 19:59:10 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-06 at 13:43 +0100, Peter Plessas wrote:
> Dear Frank, List
>
> thanks for that help! Yes indeed it works and i have been able of doing
> it with less objects and the help of bang~ as well.
> There is one thing i still don't get:
> I always thought pd would try to execute non-signal messages inbetween
> audio blocks. And for two messages this would be the same interval
> unless Pd had too many messages to calculate and defers them after the
> next audio block. But the writesf~ example shows that this is not
> necessarily the case.

i am sorry for being too lazy to test myself, butwhat is the actual
result of this? does [writesf~] start recording between block
boundaries? or does it stop recording between boundaries? or is there
another reason for being forced to use [bang~]?

i somehow assumed, that [writesf~] doesn't use scheduled messages...

roman