[PD] Hiding bits of the subpatch

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 04:32:32 CET 2009

One thing I noticed is that when you click to open and close these
gadgets, it will leave the patch in a "dirty" state, and it will ask
you if you want to save the patch before closing it.

Mike

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:

> Something like this:
>

> .hc
>

> On Jan 10, 2009, at 6:52 PM, Chris McCormick wrote:
>
>> Hey Pders,
>>
>> Luke's recent data structures gui posts inspired me to take another look
>> at what is for me the holy grail of GOP guis in Pd - hiding bits of the
>> gui selectively, so you can make simple looking guis which expand out to
>> show more complicated options at the user's behest.
>>
>> Attached is a patch that gets this to work through what appears to be a
>> weird bug in the interaction between Pd and tcl/tk and some
>> internal-message jiggery. Anyway, enough yammering, see the attached
>> patch. Click 'show_hide' to show and hide the number box on the right.
>> You can use the numberbox on the left to slowly slide the gui in and out
>> to see it working slowly. For some reason this only works if you use a
>> [line] to slowly change the size of the GOP, otherwise nothing gets
>> hidden. Well, that is if it works at all for you.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Chris.

> "[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own
> government." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires everything
we have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.
—Yehudi Menuhin (1916–1999), musician