[PD] Pd, Arduino, and Multiple LED's == Installation?

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 14:44:21 CET 2009

Hi Kyle,

For an installation for the LAC 2008 I used a Midibox
(http://www.ucapps.de/) with a special custom digital output controller
(with optocouplers and power transistors) to control up to 64 (I used
48) 3W power leds.
I used Pd to control that over MIDI, and I added to the Midibox firmware
the posibility to use PWM to control the leds bright.

I'm terrible sorry to Frank Barknecht and Martin Rumori about my still
pending documentation, as the last year I was in a hurry between several
projects... But I still want to do it, so... I can start with the
hardware part, that I'll try to do on the next week, but anyway, if I
can help you with something specific just write me. Basically, with an
Arduino you could do the same, you just need some power /isolation (to
use an external power device for the leds) interface.

Well, I'll send the link when I'll publish the circuit.

Best regards,
Natanael.