[PD] Maximum length of sysex messages?

Alex x37v.alex at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 05:06:38 CET 2009

I've been investigating further, I haven't figured out where, in the
source, the problem occurs.. the alsa input midi buffer is quite large
[much larger than 226 bytes],

When testing with amidi, this is the largest message i can send to pd:
F0 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F 10 11 F7
so I'm doing:
amidi -p hw:2,0 -S "F0 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F 10 11 F7"

I'm using a virtual device to echo the data to an amidi -d instance as
well as to pd..
amidi -d gets all messages i send... larger ones like:
F0 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F 10 11 12 F7
but pd doesn't display any output at all from [midiin] or [sysexin]

-Alex