[PD] aka.wiiremote object for os x

Florian Krebs flokadillo at yahoo.de
Sat Jan 17 11:34:12 CET 2009

Hi,

I am trying to get the aka.wiiremote working on osx. I downloaded the files from svn (aka.wiiremote-2008-07-22) at
http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/externals/io/aka.wiiremote/
I tested the binary akawiiremote.pd_darwin (don't know at the moment where I got it from) and I could connect, but could not get motion sensor data. buttons were recognized.
So I wanted to try compiling myself:
There is a makefile in the svn for aka.wiiremote, but for me it makes no real sense (or maybe i don't understand it).
in the folder (svn) there are the following files:

aka.wiiremote.c
wiiremote.c
wiiremote.h
Makefile

I tried with "make", but i get:

make -C /Users/Floriano/aka.wiiremote-original-2008-07-22- aka.wiiremote-original-2008-07-22-
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `aka.wiiremote-original-2008-07-22-'.  Stop.

I checked the makefile, there is no rule for making the target, there is just another "make" command in the makefile. Does this make sense ? Doesn't this create an endless loop of calling the makefile ?

Next step I tried compiling with an own makefile:

akawiiremote.pd_darwin: aka.wiiremote.c wiiremote.c wiiremote.h
    gcc -o akawiiremote.pd_darwin aka.wiiremote.c wiiremote.c wiiremote.h

This time I get:

Undefined symbols:
  "_clock_delay", referenced from:
      _akawiiremote_connect in ccsYhgCS.o
      _akawiiremote_clock in ccsYhgCS.o
  "_clock_free", referenced from:
      _akawiiremote_free in ccsYhgCS.o
  "_CFRelease", referenced from:
      _wiiremote_search in cc6UUndW.o
      _myDisconnectedFunc in cc6UUndW.o
      _myDisconnectedFunc in cc6UUndW.o
      _wiiremote_getaddress in cc6UUndW.o
  "_IOBluetoothDeviceInquiryDelete", referenced from:
      _wiiremote_search in cc6UUndW.o
      _wiiremote_stopsearch in cc6UUndW.o
(...)
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [akawiiremote.pd_darwin] Error 1

Somebody can tell me how to compile the library file ?
Thanx,

Florian