[PD] max for live

Damian Stewart damian.ml at frey.co.nz
Mon Jan 19 10:38:25 CET 2009

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> What I'd like to see is interfaces like Live implemented in Pd.  Pd
> already has all of the audio tools, what it is missing is the GUI
> toolkit.  One of my goals with pd-devel and tkwidgets is first, to make
> some good widgets, and second, to make it easier for people to code
> intricate GUI widgets for Pd.
>
> TkZinc would be a great base for such a thing, since it allows you to
> run the GUI code with OpenGL.
>
> .hc

that's been a goal of mine forever; the problem is just finding the time to
sit down and do it.

imo the success of Live is due to two things: 1. the sound warping engine;
2. the loop-oriented interface, emphasising loops, specifically
programmable envelope loops, to a very deep level, which make experimenting
with beatmatched (or quarter-beat-matched, or 1/9th or 1/11th-beat-matched)
phase relationships extremely easy.

damian stewart | skype: damiansnz | damian at frey.co.nz
frey | live art with machines | http://www.frey.co.nz