[PD] [PD-announce] Gem 0.91-2 bugfix release

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jan 20 22:13:47 CET 2009

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> Steffen Juul wrote:
>> On 19/01/2009, at 10.57, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>>
>>> have fun
>>
>> thanks, but my fun stopped at:
>>
>> ----8<----
>> /path/to/Gem.d_fat: dlopen(/path/to/Gem.d_fat, 10): Symbol not found:
>> _close$UNIX2003
>>    Referenced from: /path/to/Gem.d_fat
>>    Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
>>
>> Gem: can't load library
>> ----8<----
>>
>> This happens with Pd-0.42-3 and Pd-0.41-4 intel mac os x.4.11
>
> yes, i noticed that too, when today i tested the binary on a 10.4 machine.
> it was compiled on an 10.5 machine, i guess this is the problem.
>
> i will try to update the binary with a 10.4 compatible version asap.
>
> unless, of course, somebody of the os-x gurus can tell me how to avoid
> this problem alltogether.

a bit of googling showed that this is a common problem when compiling
for 10.4 on 10.5 [1]

i re-compiled following the suggestions on [2]. could you try the binary
  at http://iem.at/~zmoelnig/GEM/Gem0.91.2_104.tgz
(it seems to work here)

[1] e.g. http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1589263&tstart=75