[PD] doco on iem_bin_ambi?

Nicholas Mariette nicholas.mariette at limsi.fr
Thu Jan 22 10:45:52 CET 2009

You can find the names of the available objects in the iem_bin_ambi
library by looking in the extras folder in terminal like this (or open
the package and browse in finder):

$ ls /Applications/Pd-extended-0.40.3.app/Contents/Resources/extra/
iem_bin_ambi/
bin_ambi_calc_HRTF.pd_darwin		bin_ambi_reduced_decode_fft.pd_darwin
bin_ambi_reduced_decode_fir2.pd_darwin
bin_ambi_reduced_decode.pd_darwin
bin_ambi_reduced_decode_fft2.pd_darwin	iem_bin_ambi-meta.pd
bin_ambi_reduced_decode2.pd_darwin	bin_ambi_reduced_decode_fir.pd_darwin

However, these objects are fairly low level and interdependent.
There appears to be some Pd console information from the objects, but
for the best available example of how to use them, download and load
the main patch from the windows package:
http://iem.at/Members/noisternig/bin_ambi

Then make sure you add all the necessary paths for all the
abstractions in sub-folders, and other objects - e.g. iemmatrix etc.
I think you should be able to make the example environment work this
way.

Nick
-
http://www.limsi.fr/Scientifique/ps/thmsonesp/SonEspace