[PD] Maximum output number

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Jan 22 15:09:32 CET 2009

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> mbutubuntu wrote:
>> I think it's a technical limit of Pd... I've Pd vanilla 0.41.4 compiled
>> by me on GNU/Linux, If i tried to set 48 chan. I got
>>
>> mbutu at mbutuarch ~]$ /usr/bin/pd
>> 48 output ports not supported, setting to 32
>> pd_gui: pd process exited
>> Segmentation fault
>>
>> So i think you need more instances of Pd.
>
> we are using Pd successfully with 64 channels.
>
> usually with alsa as backend.
>
> the jack-backend of Pd is buggy and only supports 32 channels. it will
> also crash if you are setting higher numbers of channels.

I don't know what we did, but for the 16:9 installation currently on
display in the Deutschlandfunk, Cologne (images i.e. here:
http://footils.org/cms/show/63) we are running Pd-extended over
Jack on OS-X with 60 channels. I think, it's a pretty standard
Pd-extended, so maybe this already includes your bugfix.

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__