[PD] reading encrypted files - gpg agent is not available in this session

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jan 23 13:08:19 CET 2009

Hallo,
Ingo Scherzinger hat gesagt: // Ingo Scherzinger wrote:

> I need to be able to read some GPG encrypted files within pd.
>
> I can unpack the file using a command line with [shell]. However I get an
> error message (appearing only in "nogui") saying: "gpg agent is not
> available in this session".

Probably the GPG agent is not availabe in this session. ;)

I'm no gpg expert, but there are various command line options related to
a gpg agent mentioned in the manual ("man gpg"), like

 --use-agent
 --no-use-agent

  Try to use the GnuPG-Agent.  With this option, GnuPG first tries to connect to
  the agent before it asks for a passphrase. --no-use-agent disables this option.

 --gpg-agent-info
  Override the value of the environment variable 'GPG_AGENT_INFO'. This is
  only used when --use-agent has been given.  Given that this option is  not
  anymore  used  by gpg2, it should be avoided if possible.

Maybe some of these can help.

Ciao
--
Frank