[PD] d_fat vs. pd_darwin (was Re: Gem 0.91-2 bugfix release)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jan 23 19:36:52 CET 2009

It is possible to build fat binaries that run on 10.3.  Qt and Python
did it, for example:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-April/063814.html
http://blog.outofhanwell.com/2006/05/08/universal-binaries-with-qt-for-max-os-103-and-104/

The key, it seems, it to make sure that the 10.3 arch is the first in
the binary:

http://lists.apple.com/archives/xcode-users/2005/Oct/msg00810.html
http://dev.notoptimal.net/2008/02/one-step-universal-binary-builds.html

.hc