[PD] pix_opencv

lluis gomez i bigorda lluisgomez at hangar.org
Sun Jan 25 13:56:56 CET 2009

hi Loic,

again I apologize for the big mess on pix_opencv macosx versions ... and
again I must say macosx is not my usual system ...

anyway I managed several times to install it on intelmacs, using this
procedure ::

- get cvs version of openCV and compile it (I think I followed that link
http://wiki.nuigroup.com/Installing_Touchlib_on_Mac_OS_X)

- get and compile pix_opencv using this makefile
http://hangar.org/wikis/lab/pd/opencv/Makefile.darwin (instead of the
one in the pd-svn) you must change the makefile to match yout system ::

PD_DIR = /Users/lluisgomezbigorda/pd-0.41-4
GEM_DIR = /Users/lluisgomezbigorda/Gem
OPENCV_CFLAGS = -I/usr/local/include/opencv

.- that's all. copy the pd_darwin files in your extra folder and that
should work.

------

if you have errors like "unsupported format", that could be a mismatch
with the Gem version you used to compile pix_opencv and the ones running
in your system ... or (please any macosx dev), can also be a mismatch in
the compiler versions used to compile Gem and pix_opencv ???
- anyway if I get that errors, I usually solved them compiling all Gem
in the same environment I compiled pix_opencv ... but that's another
history ...

another tip for macosx is that pix_opencv only works with RGBA pixes
wich are not the default one in macosx ... so Yes, another mess here are
the helpfiles. all the help files need a [pix_rgba] in order to work on
macosx ..

hope that helps ...

looking forward to do better documentation on that ......
ll.

En/na Loic Kessous ha escrit: