[PD] Alpha+pix_film

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jan 26 10:35:05 CET 2009

info at thesaddj.com wrote:
> Hi all,
> here is Marco, this is my first post.. glad to be here.
> i'm trying to use the [alpha] object to mix different videos
> using OpenGL.  I followed tutorials, checked the forum and
> the list but i still have this problem:
> I can change the transparency of a geo without texture, and
> everything works also when i load images. But when i add
> [pix_film] or [pix_movie] and i load a video the geo itself
> disappears - if alpha is on - and appears again (displaying
> correctly the video) when alpha is off.

this seems to be a problem with the video having an alpha-channel set to
0 - thus making the video totally transparent.
the problem might be not the actual video-data but the video-importer.
which platform are you on?

> I also tried to change [pix_texture] with [pix_texture2] and
> [rectangle] with other geos, but nothing...

this is expected, as [pix_texture2] is (nowadays) really just an alias
for [pix_texture] and all Geos should behave consistently.

mfdasr
IOhannes