[PD] How do you post a text version of a patch?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jan 27 18:22:58 CET 2009

Geoff wrote:
> Hi
> I have tried to find this in the manual and google searched for a
> couple of hours but I can;t find it.
>
> How do you put your patches up in text form on this forum?
>
> How do you then load text patches in PD from this forum?
>
> i.e. I have tried things like copying and pasting them into TEXT edit
> saving, changing the, file extension to a pure data one but no joy.
>
> guidance appreciated as I can't find the answer from googling etc.

the difference why some patches show up as attachments while others show
up as text is (i guess) mainly, because some mail clients attach them as
"real" attachments, while others do so as "inline" attachments.
some clients may let you chose which kind of attachment you want to use.

and then there is always the question, how a reader's MUA will display
these different kinds of attachments...

i guess few people actively make a decision which attachment type they
actually send.
i don't think it's necessary to spend too much thoughts on that...

fgmasdr
IOhannes