[PD] iem_bin_ambi on OSX ... missing objects

e deleflie edeleflie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 00:32:59 CET 2009

Hi IOhannes,

These objects that I cant create come from patches within the
WindowsXP distribution that I found here:

http://iem.at/Members/noisternig/bin_ambi

It's the only example documentation that I can find for how to use the
complex iem_bin_ambi and iem_ambi objects. The individual object help
patches dont give enough info to be able to use them (at least for my
brain).

>> [parent1022]
>> [parent1027]
>> [parent1034]
>> ... are these some kind of dynamic object?
>
> no, this comes from [parentdollarzero] (iemlib2).

iemlib2 is not in the OSX version of Pd-Extended .... should it be?
... do I need to compile?

>> [itrax2]
>> ... a head tracking device driver?
>
> yep. we mainly use(d) binaural ambisonics with realtime tracking of head
> position.
> iirc, the code for the itrax external by thomas musil is not opensourced
> (due to license restrictions in the library provided by intersense)
> i can ask him later this day about details.

no problems, I wont be doing headtracking, so this object is not
essential for me.

>> [spec2*~]
>> [spec2+~]
>> [spec2-~]
>
> these are part of the iem_spec2 library for efficient operations in rFFT
> domain.

I've got iem_spec2 loaded up ... but the objects still cant be
created. Is there perhaps a dependency ...or maybe the OSX version
does not supply these?

Etienne