[PD] max for live

Vincent Rioux vincent.rioux at no-log.org
Wed Jan 28 09:57:53 CET 2009

dear list,

I spent some time with tkzinc using the python wrapper
and its pretty great...

see end of this page for a short demo of a zoomable interface (well the
rest is all in french sorry)
http://vincentrioux.net/projets/arn/index.html

it's a bit of a pain to compile tkzinc on osx though (but it's feasible)

the developpers of Tkzinc say that they will release another version
soon (which will drop bindings to X11 and will integrate better support
of bitmaps and svg) - and it might be easier to port to osx but _that is
not_ their priority (apparently)

another possibility which i am investigating is using pyglet:
+ very close to opengl
+ it's pretty active
+ really cross-platform
- does not provide with all the geometrical transformations and gui
power of tkzinc

best
vincent