[PD] [Pd][Windows] Handling Paths and Visual Enhancements

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Jan 28 19:30:56 CET 2009

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> this is how Pd-extended looks like on all platforms.
> No, it's actually OSX-specific to the extent that all lines are blurred out
> to dim greys two pixels wide instead of being sharp dark lines one pixel
> wide. I thought that this problem had been fixed a while ago on OSX ? Does
> the OSX version look like the others now?

I mean specifically the horizontal and vertical lines. OSX's rendering of
diagonal lines is of course better. For fonts it depends... my experience
on OSX was that Courier was too blurry as well. Ideally, fonts would be
just a little bit smoothed... only on their diagonal lines. However, we
often don't have that level of control.