[PD] Why I don't like the new automagic

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jan 28 23:51:37 CET 2009

Hallo,
Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> >I agree a lot here. I think, the automagic in 0.42 is the first time,
> >that something like that reached a wider audience. Desire Data was more
> >something cool to look at, but I doubt that many people managed to
> >actually install and use it a lot.
>
> Please, please, please, don't make it look like that feature was in
> desiredata the way it is in vanilla.

No, I didn't want to imply that at all, sorry if it sounded like that.
Desire Data showed the way how GUI and usability improvements can
actually work in Pd. The 0.42 automagic is inspired by that, but still
has to learn quite a bit more. And I'm sure it will.

> After PdConv07 I just took a break and after that I wasn't able to put
> myself back on the track.

I guess I know that feeling from my unfinished physics studies. ;) But
now I understand more about the value of Fourier transforms than at that
time ...

Ciao
--
Frank