[PD] stereo vision

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jan 29 09:32:09 CET 2009

Luke Iannini wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Luke Iannini <lukexipd at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> i think olson wants to do the opposite: take a stereo-image of the
>>> real-world (with two cameras) and try to somehow get a "model" of this
>>> real-world into softworld; rather than synthesizing a pseudo-3d visual
>>> of a virtual world.
>>>
>>> simon: you are right, color-separated anaglyph images are currently
>>> done in red/green, and if you want to change that you would have to
>>> recompile Gem.
>> Hi IOhannes, any tips on where to change this?  I can only find
>> red/blue glasses here in town (maybe I could add a 4th mode for
>> red/blue rather than red/green rather than replacing it so everyone
>> can be happy?)
> O, just saw the "stereoSep" etc. messages, probably better to do it
> that way, like stereoColor 0/1 for redgreen/redblue or something

even cooler would be a way to specify the colormask via messages, so
people can use any other combination they come across.

anyhow, the relevant code is in Base/GemMan.cpp:714-715 where you can
shose which colormask to apply for the 2 views (0=red, 1=green, 2=blue).

however, on the (not so) long run this should be moved to abstractions

fgmadsr
IOhannes