[PD] ambi_decode3 ... getting the speaker feeds

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jan 29 09:37:38 CET 2009

e deleflie wrote:

> I've got 2 libs loaded iem_matrix and iemmatrix. iemmatrix seems to
> have far more objects in it, but none of them have any help patches
> (and many need the * replaced with 'mul'). (OSX PD Extended).

iemmatrix has plenty of help-patches (though i don't know where they are
on Pd-extended)

just have a look at
http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/externals/iem/iemmatrix/doc/

iem_matrix is an old library that is no longer maintained.
all it's functionality has been integrated into iemmatrix.

> I'm not too familiar with the concept of matrices ... but this is what
> I need to do:
>
> Is there a matrix object that can have 9 inputs (i.e. second order 3D
> ambisonic signal) .... and then have 16 outputs (being my speakers).
> Then I pump in how each output is created by adding up the 9 imputs
> which have been factored?
>
> I can do this outside of matrices but its gonna be shitloads of objects.

yes that is the main reason why i started writing iemmatrix.

the object you want is [mtx_*~ 16 9]

fgm,sdar
IOhannes