[PD] Optimisation - Max & PD

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 30 14:32:41 CET 2009

I've used only Max in XP in the first versions, and at that time, pd was
much more reliable - you just had to make a metro->bang to have instant
rubato in max. But that was 4 years ago, I don't know how it is now. for
sure is better. max also crahed more often than pd at that time. but that
was the first edition of max for windows.

I myself have no problems with midi on xp (general audio + Multiface), and
never understood why that message is there. maybe that depends on your
hardware?

Pd's GUI is very unefficient, but you'll only be affected if you use it
extensively, or in the "wrong" way. that usually doesn't happen much - but
it can happen. better to give concrete examples.

--
Friedenstr. 58
10249 Berlin (Deutschland)