[PD] Optimisation - Max & PD

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jan 30 21:30:01 CET 2009

With more recent version of Tcl/Tk, they have been big improvements on
GUI drawing performance.  I was just testing Pd-devel on Tcl/Tk 8.4.7
( which I think pd-vanilla is still using) and Tcl/Tk 8.4.19 on Mac OS
X. I opened a big patch, hit Select All, then moved the whole patch
around.  THere was a huge difference in speed.  Plus I hear that Tcl/
Tk 8.5 is even faster.  So I think that with a bit more work, we can
ride on top of the recent Tcl/Tk work and make the GUI decently fast.

.hc