[PD] copy-paste vs. duplicate behavior

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Jan 31 00:53:22 CET 2009

Hey all,

I was thinking that it would be nice if copy-paste had the same
response and duplicate, i.e. shifting the position over by 10 pixels
in x and y, then pasting.  I can't see a good reason why paste doesn't
do that.  Anyone know of any?  Newbies get very frustrated by the
current behavior.  Regular users get used to the Duplicate command,
but I don't know of any other programs where you can't just copy-paste
and you need a special function.

You can't steal a gift. Bird gave the world his music, and if you can
hear it, you can have it. - Dizzy Gillespie