[PD] copy-paste vs. duplicate behavior (was Re: Pd-list Digest, Vol 46, Issue 108)

Ingo Scherzinger ingo at miamiwave.com
Sat Jan 31 19:54:27 CET 2009

Mathieu,

I'm sorry to say that you have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. So please
don't make unnecessary comments like this one.

I'm implementing a LCD user interface that has many, many similar pages but
the content and also the number of parameters differs on every single page.
No way to do it with abstractions!!!

So if anything in all of the pages changes it  h a s  to be copied back to
the same place in the other pages!

I totally agree that using abstractions is the more economical way. So
actually I do use abstractions where it makes sense of course. However, this
doesn't eliminate the need of making "similar" copies of sub patches and
copying objects from one to the other.

Ingo