[PD] escape space character

y yvan.pd at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 14:14:23 CET 2009

Yeah I know some ways to get around this with extended but I'm more into
the vanilla-way-of-life =)
I would love having a "quoting" method and/or an escaping character like \ .
Of course I have no idea about the difficulty to implement that and I
just found a message from Herr Puckette saying:

"I'm against adding a general escape mechanism, because I think it's
better to find a design that obviate teh need for it..."

I still think that
[open my\ file.txt(
or
[open "my file.txt"(
is more elegant than dealing with a couple of messages and something like
[addspace(
in between though...

Cheers,

_y