[PD] escape space character

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Feb 8 15:29:09 CET 2009

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009, y wrote:

> "I'm against adding a general escape mechanism, because I think it's
> better to find a design that obviate teh need for it..."

see also:
   http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2005-07/029546.html
   http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2005-07/029556.html

Basically, it's really rare among popular programming languages to get
away with not having some kind of escape mechanism or else something
nearly equivalent to an escape mechanism which isn't taking much more room
than a plain string.

In Pd, your only way to handle this without editing .pd files in a text
editor, is to use multiple objects just for constructing the string... and
before Pd 0.40 it also required externals.