[PD] here I go again..dynamic abstractions

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Feb 9 12:18:35 CET 2009

Quoting "Georg Werner" <georg at fricklr.de>:

> Hi,
>
> i mean message boxes. i think there is the misunderstanding. you dont
> send $1 as a message, too. not as message nor creation argument.

ok.

i am only trying to explain why it is like it is without resorting to
implementation-issues, but instead based on a more conceptual basis
(which i don't have any guarantee to be true, since i have not
designed the system; this is my view of the world i have come up with
after a long time of paptching)

to reiterate:

a message-box works only on messages.
a message-box is only a way to "freeze" a message in time (it's hard
to patch messages that only exist in an instant of time otherwise).
it is concerned only with messages!

$-args in message-boxes are a way to modify messages.
since messages don't have a patch-context, neither have (their
patchable instances) message-boxes.

mfgasd
IOhannes