[PD] here I go again..dynamic abstractions

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Feb 9 14:30:46 CET 2009

Quoting "Georg Werner" <georg at fricklr.de>:

> hi,
>
> Frank Barknecht:
>  > How about making $0 in messages be a message counter?
> if somebody really needs that - i dont ;)
>
> ok, i give up. i think we are on a rather philosophical point now.

yes, that's m point

> but i had a lot of times when students where asking why they have to
> write [f $0]-[foobar $1( instead of [foobar $0(. so this came up from a
> users point of view.

i think it is simple, if the users understand the philosophical idea
behind $args in message-boxes vs objects. hence my long explanations.
once you understand what you are doing, it becomes quite simple to
make Pd what you want (and why it does make sense the way it is done)

fgmasdra
IOhannes