[PD] Crasher bug found...

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Feb 10 15:01:39 CET 2009

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009, Luke Iannini wrote:

> Hi Miller, a little late, but just wanted to say a big thanks for
> finding this and fixing it!  I'm very happy to be able to continue
> work on my sequencers crash-free : )

Also, there is another thing that looks like a bug, but is about something
undocumented. [makefilename] without an argument seems like it was
intended to do [makefilename file.%d], but there's this same missing star:

     if (!s->s_name) s = gensym("file.%d");
vs
     if (!*s->s_name) s = gensym("file.%d");

Because Pd uses &s_ as default value for a symbol arg, not a null pointer,
so s->s_name is never considered "false"... same bug, really.

I don't really care about that one, nor that anyone would want to use that
default value, and the line could also be removed altogether, and it would
be as fine, as removing a useless line is good, and removing a misleading
useless line is even better.