[PD] japanese encoded chars in PD

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Feb 10 19:12:32 CET 2009

august wrote:

> hey'aw.
>
> Can anyone give me hand on handling Japanese character encodings in PD.
>
> I feel like I've read every document on character encodings and still
> don't understand the mess....even for my own pragrams that work with
> text.
>
> Is there a way to handle UTF-8  in PD?

hmm, depends on what you mean by "handling characters".

at least in Gem, you should be able to display unicode characters, by
using the [string( message (in combination with [text3d]).
the arguments are numbers which enumerate the glyphs in your font (and
with unicode fonts this should map to unicode characters:)
report a bug if it does not.

however, you might be talking of something totally different...

fgamdsr
IOhannes