[PD] MIDI on OSX

Luigi luigi.rensinghoff at freenet.de
Thu Feb 12 15:56:17 CET 2009

Hi there

I would like to mention a hint that helped myself some time ago

have a look at "midifile", which is part of mrpeach externals...

Which does not play midi-sounds but midifiles....to be exact.

Do you just want to play midisounds ? or generate midinotes, maybe ??

And of course there is the wonderful object "mtof" that converts midi-
notes to frequnecies and thus
you can play midifiles or midinotes with any selfmade oscillator/
synthesizer....

I had a lot of fun playing with midifiles and

"polywavesynth" for example

Cheers Luigi