[PD] Pd-extended on AMD 64

Loic Kessous loic.kessous at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 21:15:03 CET 2009

Hi all,

I try to setup a computer that I got from someone to work with Pd-
extended on linux (I want to work with video openCV , pdp , etc... and
to develop some new openCV stuff with it).

I just installed on it Ubuntu hardy 8.04.2 64 bits versions, and I
hoped to be able to install the version compiled for Ubuntu hardy
available on the website puredata.info, but the package installer say:

STATUS:    ERROR: WRONG ARCHITECTURE 'I386'

I checked on the mailing list archive and I see that there was some
messages in 2006 reporting problems for this processor with tabread
tabwrite and other.

So I have three questions:

1) Is there a version already compiled for AMD 64 or should I try to
compiled it myself (and is it possible?)

2) If I compile it myself, will there be some externals that may not
work?

3) is it maybe a very bad idea to try to work with this AMD 64
computer ?

thanks,

loic
---