[PD] wireless contact mics

Peter Plessas plessas at mur.at
Mon Feb 16 09:54:50 CET 2009

* Oded Ben-Tal <oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU> [2009-02-15 20:19]:
> While not directly pd-question I thought someone might know:
>
> Does anyone have experience working with wireless contact mics? any
> recommendations on the not-so-very-expensive end of things?

Hi, you might have a look at the AKG C-411 series, which features a
variant called "L" i guess which allows for wireless transmitters from
AKG (of course) being connected.
Have been using these microphones/pickups in many occasions now, and
they are my standard repertoire.
Don't forget the DIY-Route as well: Those cheap piezo disks (Radio
Shack, etc.) can outperform the AKGs and many others when properly
mounted (bees wax being the trick here), but you will have to solder the
cable yourself. Connecting this one to a wireless transmitter will as
well require some sort of a preamp (which is where things start to
become more complicated depending on the amount of time you have)

good luck and let me know how you did it.

Peter