[PD] finding funding to the PdCon09

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Feb 20 02:11:51 CET 2009

Hey all,

Since the PdCon09 in São Paulo is coming up this summer, I thought I'd
start a thread on finding ways to get funds to get as many people
there are possible.  For example, I plan on applying to the Jerome
Foundation for a travel grant, it only applies to New York City and
Minnesota: http://www.jeromefdn.org/.

I think the Europeans and Canadians have much better options.  Anyone
know of other options for Americans? Or anyone think I could use my
Austrian citizenship to get a travel grant from the Austrian gov't?

I know the Brazil crew is working to fund as many people as possible,
like they did in Montreal, but there is never enough grant money to
pay all the expenses, so helping each other get grants from other
sources will definitely help the whole effort.

I was also thinking, perhaps we could stick a "Donate" nag screen on
the next release of Pd-extended, with all of the donations going
directly to the PdCon09.

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a more
direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in practice,
it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith