[PD] startup problems

Conor Higgins conorhigginsmaxmsp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 23:16:06 CET 2009

Hi guys,

I am working on an art project at the moment and I am using PD to
design the system that we will be exhibiting, now for some reason the
artist can't seem to get PD to actually run properly on his own
laptop, a macbook 13". We have tried everything with regards the
startup paths, reinstalling, deleting the plist files, even
reinstalling the operating system just last week, yet we are still
getting the same problems with the software. Pretty much every other
library can be loaded manually, i.e adding it to the startup path,
except for those that involve video manipulation or graphics
manipulation e.g. Gem, PDP, PiDiP etc. If you look at the startup
window image below you will see that the errors having something to do
with x11. We tried installing x11 to combat this error, but for some
reason it will not allow us to do this either giving an error message
stating that a newer version of the software already exists, which it
doesn't... we have scanned the system looking for it and it isnt
there. Has anybody here got an idea as to why this is happening?

Thank you,
Conor Higgins